Protocols and guidelines
Below are a number of guidelines and protocols, many originally published by the London Cancer Alliance, to help improve diagnosis and treatment of a range of different cancers. Further publications from the London Cancer Alliance are available at the archived site here.
- LCA Colorectal Cancer Clinical Guidelines September 2014
- LCA Colorectal Patient Information Guidance June 2015
- LCA Colorectal Laparoscopic Protocols and Standards July 2015
This is for surgical professionals who carry out primary surgery for right hemicolectomy and anterior resection. The document also includes protocols to ensure accuracy of clinical coding and data integrity.
- LCA Colorectal Treatment Summary July 2015
This document is intended for use by all clinicians and should be used when there are any significant changes in treatment and follow-up plan.
- LCA Colorectal Enhanced Recovery Checklist July 2015
This is a standardised colorectal enhanced recovery checklist for use by enhanced recovery teams.
- LCA Colorectal Protocol for Reporting September 2015 (updated January 2016)
This provides a protocol for reporting unexpected, significant radiological, endoscopy and histological findings
The RM Partners RDC pathway group has developed a range of protocols and guidelines to support the management of vague symptom patients within RDC clinics.
- Approach to anaemia March 2022
- Investigation of a raised ferritin March 2022 (amended)
- Investigation of night sweats March 2022
- Investigation of weight loss March 2022
- Investigation of non-specific abdominal pain March 2022 (amended)
- Use of serum tumour markers in primary care March 2022
- Investigation of raised inflammatory markers (March 2022)