The training below covers the modules required for members of the MDT that have chosen to follow option 2 of the pathway.
Option 2 of the pathway will help you to:
- identify patients likely to have Lynch syndrome
- offer genetic testing to your patients
- manage your patients care after the genetic results
The training involves watching six short videos which cover all the different stages of the Lynch syndrome pathway, and then completing an online questionnaire to ensure that the clinician has understood correctly the processes and procedures for testing. In addition, there is a range of supporting documents to help understand this pathway.
The training videos cover:
- Video 1: What is mainstreaming?
- Video 2: Overview of Lynch syndrome
- Video 3: Tumour testing: Identifying patients likely to have Lynch syndrome
- Video 5: Taking a genetic family history: Drawing a family pedigree
- Video 6: Genetic counselling & Genetic testing
- Video 7: Managing genetic results
- Click here to take the test for Module 1
- Click here to take the test for Module 2
- Click here to take the test for Module 3
- Click here to take the test for Module 5
- Click here to take the test for Module 6
- Click here to take the test for Module 7
Once you have completed the questionnaires, please email Laura Monje-Garcia, Nurse Practitioner, The St Mark’s Centre for Familial Intestinal Cancer, at LNWH-tr.SMCFIC@nhs.net. She will review your answers and send you the CPD training certificate if you have passed. In addition to that, she will arrange the 5-6 workshops necessary to support your learning is you wish to open an mainstreaming service inhouse.