Below are a number of guidelines and protocols, many originally published by the London Cancer Alliance, to help improve diagnosis and treatment of a range of different cancers. Further publications from the London Cancer Alliance are available at the archived site here.
- LCA Colorectal Cancer Clinical Guidelines September 2014
- LCA Colorectal Patient Information Guidance June 2015
- LCA Colorectal Laparoscopic Protocols and Standards July 2015
This is for surgical professionals who carry out primary surgery for right hemicolectomy and anterior resection. The document also includes protocols to ensure accuracy of clinical coding and data integrity.
- LCA Colorectal Treatment Summary July 2015
This document is intended for use by all clinicians and should be used when there are any significant changes in treatment and follow-up plan.
- LCA Colorectal Enhanced Recovery Checklist July 2015
This is a standardised colorectal enhanced recovery checklist for use by enhanced recovery teams.
- LCA Colorectal Protocol for Reporting September 2015 (updated January 2016)
This provides a protocol for reporting unexpected, significant radiological, endoscopy and histological findings
- LCA Lung Cancer Clinical Guidelines December 2013 (updated March 2016)
- LCA Lung 62 Day Pathway and Straight to CT Resources December 2015
- LCA Oesophageal and Gastric Cancer Clinical Guidelines April 2014
- LCA Barrett’s Oesophagus Clinical Guidelines February 2015
- LCA Dysphagia Management in Oesophageal Cancer November 2015
- LCA Urological Cancers Clinical Guidelines October 2014 (updated December 2014)
- LCA Best Practice Prostate Pathway December 2013 (updated September 2015)
This document details the necessary sequencing and timeliness of the various elements of the LCA prostate cancer pathway to ensure it is delivered within the 62 day cancer waiting time target.
- LCA Renal Specialist MDT Operational Guidance