The RM Partners Medicines Optimisation Group, working with the North Central and East London Cancer Alliance and the South East London Cancer Alliance, has produced an electronic Pan London SACT Verification Passport for Pharmacy.
This resource aims to standardise verification of SACT training and accreditation for pharmacy staff across London, by providing a competency and assessment framework system across London. This should enable staff to move seamlessly between organisations without the need for reaccreditation or training.
This material replaces the LCA SACT education and training for oncology pharmacy, trainee workbook, and passport accreditation documents.
Feedback from a user survey across London found that there was a clear need to update and enhance the contents of the existing SACT verification passport. There are new sections on funding, an introduction to SACT presentation and additional resources. A number of these documents are now writable PDFs and can be filled out electronically, including the mock prescription verification examples.
How to use the resource
The verification passport is designed to be used by all pharmacy staff (pharmacists and technicians) working in oncology and haematology, required to undertake SACT accreditation.The interactive PDF below outlines the process of accreditation. It can be used to identify where the trainee will need to start, provides details of what needs to be completed and the resources to be used, in order to be signed off for the SACT verification passport. The SACT verification passport guidance will also provide further information, alongside the accreditation checklist.
Click on the image below to download the PDF, which has links through to the the various resources and documents within the passport. The documents can also be downloaded from the panel to the right.
The new resource includes:
- SACT passport guidance outlines the process of accreditation for pharmacy staff when training in the cancer setting and should be used in conjunction with the accreditation checklist.
- Accreditation checklist details the requirements for both local and pan-London passport accreditation for sign off.
- Introduction to SACT presentation provides basic information around the principles of safe practice of SACT, treatments and other information. It can be used for self directed learning or as a supervised teaching session.
- Funding routes for SACT is a new resource in the format of an open book test, which must be completed independently first, then discussed with the SACT assessor.
- Useful SACT resources include references that trainees may find useful during their accreditation training. This list is not exhaustive.
- SACT dose calculation examples are to be completed by trainees, who are required to achieve 100% accuracy.
- SACT prescription verification MCQ test is an open book test which must be completed independently first, then discussed with your SACT assessor.
- SACT mock prescription verification examples include 20 case history details together with the prescription.These should be reviewed and any prescribing errors/interventions identified to be discussed with the SACT assessor.
- SACT pharmacy competency framework outlines the required knowledge and skills needed by a trainee to undertake SACT prescription verification
Trainees or assessors should complete the SACT feedback form so that the passport can be continually improved.