Below are a number of guidelines and protocols, many originally published by the London Cancer Alliance, to help improve diagnosis and treatment of a range of different cancers.
- LCA Acute Oncology Clinical Guidelines September 2013 (updated March 2016 amended August 2016)
- LCA AOS Directory September 2014 (updated March 2016)
- LCA AOS Directory (abridged) updated March 2016
- LCA Brain/CNS Cancer Clinical Guidelines June 2014
- LCA Anterior skull base tumours operational policy June 2014
- LCA Lateral and central skull base tumours operational policy June 2014
- LCA Pituitary and pituitary-related tumours operational policy June 2014
- LCA Breast Cancer Clinical Guidelines October 2013 (updated March 2016)
- Addendum to breast cancer clinical guidelines January 2014 – subcutaneous trastuzumab (Herceptin)
- LCA Best Practice Immediate Breast Reconstruction Pathway September 2015
- LCA Metastatic Breast Service Specification February 2016 (revised March 2016)
- LCA Seroma Aspiration Guidance Jan 2016
- LCA Cardiac Sparing Breast Radiotherapy SOP March 2016
- LCA Colorectal Cancer Clinical Guidelines September 2014
- LCA Colorectal Patient Information Guidance June 2015
- LCA Colorectal Laparoscopic Protocols and Standards July 2015
This is for surgical professionals who carry out primary surgery for right hemicolectomy and anterior resection. The document also includes protocols to ensure accuracy of clinical coding and data integrity.
- LCA Colorectal Treatment Summary July 2015
This document is intended for use by all clinicians and should be used when there are any significant changes in treatment and follow-up plan.
- LCA Colorectal Enhanced Recovery Checklist July 2015
This is a standardised colorectal enhanced recovery checklist for use by enhanced recovery teams.
- LCA Colorectal Protocol for Reporting September 2015 (updated January 2016)
This provides a protocol for reporting unexpected, significant radiological, endoscopy and histological findings.
- LCA Guidance on Colorectal Health and Well-Being Events November 2015
- LCA Colorectal HWBE poster template November 2015
- LCA Colorectal HWBE patient invitation template November 2015
Head and Neck
- LCA Hepato-pancreato-biliary Cancer Clinical Guidelines November 2014
- LCA Chronic Pancreatitis Patient Pathway December 2015
- LCA Lung Cancer Clinical Guidelines December 2013 (updated March 2016)
- LCA Lung 62 Day Pathway and Straight to CT Resources December 2015
- LCA Oesophageal and Gastric Cancer Clinical Guidelines April 2014
- LCA Barrett’s Oesophagus Clinical Guidelines February 2015
- LCA Dysphagia Management in Oesophageal Cancer November 2015
- LCA Skin Cancer Clinical Guidelines July 2014
- Appendix 12: Risk stratified pathways for BCC May 2015
- LCA Urological Cancers Clinical Guidelines October 2014 (updated December 2014)
- LCA Best Practice Prostate Pathway December 2013 (updated September 2015)
This document details the necessary sequencing and timeliness of the various elements of the LCA prostate cancer pathway to ensure it is delivered within the 62 day cancer waiting time target.
- LCA Renal Specialist MDT Operational Guidance